Our indoor/outdoor runs are the largest in the area! Our standard run is 20 feet long and 7 feet wide. We have several spacious double runs (12 feet x 20 feet) to accommodate larger breeds and family groups. Our runs are heated in the winter and cool in the summer. Intact dogs welcome, no extra charges! No breed restrictions!
Included in the daily boarding price are two 20 minute trips, morning and evening, to our 60 x
Below are our basic policies for boarding your dog:
- We offer morning (8:30 am to 11:00 am) and evening (4:30 pm to 6:00 pm) drop-offs and pick-ups 7 days a week, these are strictly by appointment only. Please call 509.339.5344 or email firstname.lastname@example.org make a reservation.
- Please note that you are always charged for the day you drop-off your dog. The cost is the same whether it is morning or evening. You will not be charged for the day you pick-up as long as your dog is picked up by 11:00 am. If you pick up your dog after 11:00 am, you will be charged for that day.
- Dogs must be current on all vaccinations. We require rabies, the five-way, and B
ordatella(in the last 6 months). No dog will be allowed in the kennel without proof of vaccination.
- Switching dog food is usually upsetting to a dog’s stomach, so you are required to bring your own food.
- Please feel free to bring bedding and play toys. We have found that something that smells like home reduces a dog’s stress level.
– Current price schedule (as of June 1, 2018) –
- One dog per run – $27 per day
- Two dogs per run – $42 per day
- Three dogs per run – $60 per day
- Administering medications – $1-5 per day/per dog, depending on the medication and administration requirements.
- Additional time in our play yard – $10/ 20 minutes
- 30-minute walk on leash around our property – $20 per walk/per dog
- We offer dog washing either at the end of your dog’s stay or by appointment. The average bath is $35. The cost can either be less or more depending on your dog’s size, coat length, and the duration of his/her stay. All baths are by appointment only.
- We also offer our Hourly Obedience Training option where your dog will receive a personalized training session(s) that focus on targeted behaviors. The cost is $65/hour and these sessions are billed on top of the boarding fee.
– Boarding Testimonials –
“We have had dogs all of our lives and have boarded them at several kennels over the years. Palouse River Kennels is by far our favorite. John Sykes and his staff are professional and knowledgeable, as well as caring. The kennels are always clean and well kept.
Each kennel has an outdoor run and is heated in the winter and cool in the summer. Vaccination records are kept on file so we know our dogs are protected from Bordetella.
“The staff always has stories to tell about our dogs when we return and they genuinely care about our dogs. Our six dogs are well cared for and happy to return.” – Alex and Linda McGregor
“Five stars out of five for Palouse River Kennels. We’ve been taking our hounds, Jack and Jesse (Labs, black and white) to PRK for two years now and think very highly of it. John’s place is clean, well-ventilated, smart and neat. Never even the slightest problem in dozens of visits, and we leave our pooches with confidence that they’ll be treated well. (And they like it there too.)” –John and Lucrezia
“After trying several kennels in the Pullman-Moscow area, we finally scored a good one. John runs a professional, top-notch business. Every aspect of his facility satisfies the standard we require for our titled and registered Redbone Coonhounds. His is the only boarding kennel we have used where our dogs look better leaving than arriving. Without reservation, we highly recommend his services to anyone.” -Dr. and Mrs. Robert Wayne
“I have been taking my dogs (all 4 of them at one point) to Palouse River Kennels since they were pups. John and the staff have always been courteous, reliable, and, most importantly, great with my dogs!” – Lori Ammons
“Rufus stays at Palouse River Kennels every few months. We love being able to take off for a day or two and completely relax, knowing he is safe and will come home healthy and secure.” – Sheri
“At Palouse River Kennels I never worry about Deirks, knowing he is always safe.” – Susie Smith