Do you have a pointing breed or retriever that you’d love to take into the field for hunting? We can help bring your
- In-Kennel Training – Your dog is housed at the kennel and trained for five weeks to perform as decided in the program.
- Individually Customized – your dog is initially evaluated for bird drive and ability, then a custom program is developed that meets the individual needs of each dog and owner. You will
recievea printed list of commands and weekly updates regarding your dog’s progress.
- Thorough Obedience Component – Hunting season is short and the off-season is long to have an unruly gun dog running amok in your house. Our gun dog training program begins with a thorough obedience component to establish your dog as an obedient household pet as well as lay the groundwork for gun dog specific commands.
- Live Gunfire and Live Birds – your dog will be introduced to gunfire the right way – incrementally. And there is no substitute for live birds when training a gun dog. We train all of our dogs on live pigeons, partridge, and pheasants.
- Three Follow-up Appointments – At the end of the month, you pick up your dog and are given three follow-up appointments to ensure that the commands and learning all transfer.
- Cost – $3,600
Gun Dog Testimonials –
“Hi, John. I wanted to say thank you for helping me to train such a good bird dog. Without your help, guidance, and advise Keta wouldn’t have become have the hunting dog he is. He and I both learned a lot this season thanks to your advice. His pointing and retrieving really improved after our last visit and by our last couple hunts of the year he was a machine pointing coveys of chukar 30-40+ yards away (thanks to good winds) then slowly closing in on them with the ‘go easy’ command you suggested and he had several 100+ retrieves on Birds that tumbled down the canyon. We even had one ‘grand slam’ day! I truly have fallen in love with this sport! I hope the rest of your season went well!” – Brian Lanouette
“John, I wanted to thank you for introducing me into the gun dog world. Lu had a great first season. Lu and I racked up 20 hunting days last season. We were able to hunt pheasant, quail, and chukar. Her natural point was solid, but her ability to retrieve was absolutely killer. I hunted along with many other experienced dogs and hunters this year, and Lu outshined many of those dogs. She brought nearly all birds to hand (not too bad for a Brittany). I wanted to thank you for your professionalism and tenacity in training. You have made Lu a gun dog and an upland hunter out of me!” – James Hug
“Just writing to give you an update on Gracie’s hunting progress. This fall my friend and I hunted pheasants in eastern Montana and had a great experience. I couldn’t have been more pleased with how she worked and followed commands. She had good solid points on several rooster pheasants and really hit her stride as a polished bird hunter. I wanted to thank you again for laying the foundation of commands for Gracie and taking the time to transfer that information to me. Your experience and professionalism in training her is definitely paying off. I hope to have you train another in the future.” — Scott Lindstrom, Moscow, ID
“Just a short note to thank you for your help training Casey; I hunted quail earlier this week on the river and she made two retrieves on birds that she did not see go down. I particularly appreciate your training concept of positive reinforcement rather than punishment to achieve the desired result.” Happy hunting – Allen
“You were a huge help in training my golden retriever Tele. She is two and a half and I had to let you know we had an awesome bird season this year. Just wanted to send you another thank you for all your help.”